This is one of my favorite ways to use up cherry tomatoes from the garden during the growing season. I paired it with fish this time but this sauce dress deliciously over any protein really. I loaded our sauce with lots of cilantro. If you’re averse with its floral fragrance, culantro or parsley will also do. Instead of using the pan to fry the fish, I opt for the air fryer. It shaves off some cooking time since I can make the sauce in the pan while the fish is cooking.
Simple Fish and Tomatoes
- 1 Air Fryer
- 3-4 filets white fish sea bass, halibut, or sole
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Season both sides of the fish with salt. Rub a light coat of oil on both sides.
- Fry the fish in the air fryer 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the filet.
- In a pan over medium high heat, cook onion and garlic with oil until fragrant.
- Add in the tomatoes. Cook until sauce thicken a little before tossing in the cilantro.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Coat the fish with sauce. Plate and garnish with additional cilantro before serving.