Time management is always a tricky thing for me to navigate. It has been even trickier since the arrival of baby Oliver. Most meals I cook ideally needs to be no more than 45 min from start to finish and clean up. It can be one herculean of a task without the help the microwave and air fryer. Both equipments are 100% worthy of the prime counter space in our itty bitty kitchen. I used the microwave to help me speed up the cooking of dinner last night for Ruben and the girls.
Chicken with Artichokes and Potatoes
- 1 lb potatoes peeled and quartered
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1.5-2 lbs boneless chicken thighs
- 1 jar artichokes 12 oz quartered artichokes
- 1 lime
- A few sprigs of fresh oregano
- Toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil in a microwavable bowl, cover and cook for 7 minutes.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Mince garlic. Grate zest and squeeze juice from lime.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Sear chicken until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add potatoes. Stir in garlic and lemon zest.
- Toss in artichoke hearts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plate chicken, garnish with fresh oregano and serve